Qardio, is on a mission to make heart health easier, smarter and better for everyone. As a leading brand in the digital health and technology sector, we are hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team.
We believe we can achieve great things when passion is involved. We wake up every morning excited to come to work, knowing that no matter what our role is, it's important and greatly appreciated. We have cool sunny offices in each of our locations with an open floor plan, collaborative atmosphere, creative spirit and top compensation for top talent. At Qardio, we feel it's important to offer an exciting, motivational environment to everybody on the team.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will help delivering a platform of globally distributed, scalable, reliable, high performance and secure data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, and external customers.
You will work in a team that owns and operates production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using the latest tools, and will have exposure to industry leading open source data technologies.
What we are looking for in candidates:
- At least 4 years of DevOps experience in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53)
- Experience with DevOps practices like automated deployments, infrastructure as code using tools like Jenkins, SaltStack, CloudFormation and Kubernetes.
- Strong scripting and automation skills using bash, Python, or similar
- Experience deploying and managing Memcached, ElasticSearch and Kafka on AWS.
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems.
- Are driven by a hunger for challenge and opportunity and thriving in a fast paced, intense, delivery-focused environment.
- Have a global mindset and be happy operating with a team spread across in multiple time zones
- Possess excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- The ability to control your own career path and grow into a leadership role with an innovative company
- Great working environment, flexible work-hours, holiday plan, 25 days of leave yearly and training
- The ability to participate in a cutting-edge field of creating digital healthcare products
- The opportunity to work in an international environment working with others from different cultures, countries and backgrounds
- The chance to work in the heart of Amsterdam
- Visa sponsorship